CRAFT & QUILT FAIR, MelbourneThu Jul 28th 2016 to Sun Jul 31st 2016 at 09:30 until 16:30
Melbourne, Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre, 1 Convention Centre Pl, , Melbourne, South Wharf https://www.myguidemelbourne.com/events/craft-quilt-fair-melbourne VISIT WEBSITE
Craft & Quilt Fair invites you to Shop, Learn, Make and Be Inspired. This much-anticipated event offers a stunning range of exhibitions, displays, hands-on activities, guest artists, free demonstrations, workshops and more for you to
get crafty! Heralded as THE Home of Craft, the fair is a fixture in the diary of crafting enthusiasts and has everything under the one roof to be inspired and get creative.
- Craft & Quilt Fair welcomes guest fabric designer and painter, Saffron Craigto learn about the versatile art of screen printing and fabric painting.
- Inspired by nature, Saffron’s most recent works reflect the stunninglandscape of Margaret River, Western Australia; a place where the famous desert wild flowers grow. Both beginners and advanced artisans have aunique opportunity to learn about techniques associated with layering colour to create texture and depth at her daily painting fabric workshops.
- Craft and Quilt Fair welcomes to the program, twin talents Maricor and Maricar –talented illustrators and Embroiderers with a distinct style that is bold and irreverent. They have taken needle and thread as their tools of choice, and have brought their fresh and funky designs to share. Each of their textile handcrafted tactile graphics have been showcased in Myer, Vogue Japan and West Elm to name a few, and they are now sharing their expertise for all levels at the fair.
Australian Superfine Merino Yarn by Cleckheaton will be debuting to Australia, their collection at Melbourne’s fair. They set to showcasing their beautiful collection of garments made from Australia’s finest yarn in a delicious range of colours which have been inspired by various geographical areas of Australia. This stunning collection will be on show daily at the Craft and Quilt Fair. Melbourne.
Savor the delights of traditional and innovative quilts with The Victorian Quilters’ Showcase, designed as part of this year’s
Flora and Fauna theme which has provided members with an opportunity to interpret the theme and come up with their own creations.
Seminar style talks, demonstrations and floor talks as well as hands-on ‘make and takes’ provide visitors with the knowledge and skills to get started on a new creative project, and learn from the many experts on hand.
- Learn to sew, embroider, make textile art, jewelry, paint, print furnishing fabric, create and colour the latest paper crafts, make a funky phone case or sweet gifts for friends – all this and more is possible at the fair.
Shop ‘til you Drop. Retailers at the show have an outstanding range of material to choose from and this event is the ideal place to stock up on hard to find products, learn new techniques from artists and designers, and be inspired to craft and create – all under one roof!
TICKETS: Adults $19; Pensioner $17; Seniors Card Holders $18; Children 5 to 16 $9.
- Buy tickets at the door or purchase discounted tickets online via this link
More details via our website
Follow this for links and details on public transport
Google Map and route finder
My Guide website?