It's as Australian as the koala and kangeroo but where did all the Bruces go? Why is this classic name on the outs? Bruce has been on a sharp decline since the 1950s and in 2018 there were less than 10 babies named Bruce across Australia.
As a much-loved moniker, Bruce deserves our support before the name is gone forever, which is why an award-winning craft brewery Goose Island has dedicated its latest flavour-packed, big, bold and brutish Wet Hop Brut IPA to Bruces all over the country in the hopes of bringing Bruce back into vogue.
In celebration of the limited-edition launch, Goose Island will be giving away Free Bruce for Bruce - offering all people named Bruce a free glass of Bruce Wet Hop Brut IPA at participating venues across Melbourne.
If your name is Bruce, or can prove your dad or grandpa is a Bruce, head to one of the following pubs from Saturday 1 June to enjoy your namesake Wet Hop IPA brew.
WHAT: Goose Island giving away Free Bruce for Bruce - offering all people named Bruce a free glass of Bruce Wet Hop Brut IPA at participating venues across Melbourne.
WHEN: From Saturday 1 June, until stock runs out
WHERE: Participating venues across Melbourne:
- The Sloth, 202 Barkly St, Footscray VIC 3011
- Mt View Hotel, 68/70 Bridge Rd, Richmond VIC 3121
- Palace Hotel, 505-507 City Rd, South Melbourne VIC 3205
- The Gem Bar and Dining, 289 Wellington St, Collingwood VIC 3066
- Belgian Beer Café, 5 Riverside Quay, Southbank
- Pure South, 3 Southgate Ave, Southbank
My Guide Website?