My Guide Website?
Hidden Alleyways, Ghosts and Best Instagram Spots
Chinatown, Melbourne https://www.myguidemelbourne.com/events/hidden-alleyways-ghosts-and-best-instagram-spots
Melbourne: Hidden Alleyways, Ghosts and Best Instagram Spots
- Discover hidden laneways and secret speak easys
- Hear stories of the ghostly past from your very own ghost host
- Learn whether Jack the Ripper lurked the streets of Melbourne
- Discover the story of the opera singer who fell to his death in front of an audience
- Visit Melbourne's most instagrammed spots
DescriptionYour tour departs at 8.30pm, please arrive at 8.20pm for check-in outside Young & Jackson Hotel Corner of Flinders Street and Swanston Street for the start of a tour that will take you back to the 19th-century and reveal some of the city’s favourite haunts. Dive down hidden lanes and past iconic landmarks, including Flinders Street Station, Hosier Lane, and Parliament House. Hear stories from when the spices of China Town masked the smoke of the opium dens. Discover poor houses and the home of the genteel who did anything necessary to advance medical science. Visit the locations of Melbourne's most tragic crimes, such as the Gun Alley murder. Try to make contact with the city’s most famous ghost, the opera singer Federici whose most dramatic performance saw him plummet to his death in front of the audience. Explore whether Jack the Ripper lurked the streets of Melbourne. Then, end the night in Chinatown, the oldest Chinatown of the Western world. The tour meanders through hidden laneways and visits Melbourne's most instagrammed spots. Tours run every Friday, Saturday and Sunday evening.
Includes1.5-hour haunted walking tour with a ghost host
- Tours run in all weather; please dress accordingly