My Guide Website?
From Melbourne: Great Ocean Road Coastal Day Tour16 Reviews
Escape the chaos of Melbourne on a scenic day trip along the Great Ocean Road. Stop for locally-made ice cream and chocolates, see koalas in the wild, and visit the 12 Apostles and Loch Ard Gorge.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Melbourne:If youʻre booking your trip to Melbourne last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Travel along the scenic Great Ocean Road on a full-day trip from Melbourne
- Spot some cute koalas in the wild, and search for lorikeets and kookaburras
- Walk along the boardwalks at the 12 Apostles and enjoy spectacular coastal views
- Visit the historic Memorial Arch and Loch Ard Gorge on the Great Ocean Road
- Sample delicious treats at the Great Ocean Road Chocolaterie & Ice Creamery
DescriptionDeparting Melbourne, head straight for the eastern end of the Great Ocean Road to begin the journey along the spectacular coastal drive. The Great Ocean Road is undoubtedly a photographer’s delight with its impressive coastline to drive along and unmatched scenery that takes your breath away. Your first stop is at Great Ocean Road Chocolaterie & Ice Creamery, where you can enjoy free chocolate and ice cream tastings. Watch the art of chocolate making, from handcrafting to hand packing, and say hello to European Chocolatiers. Take the opportunity to capture a moment under the historic Memorial Archway marking the beginning of the Great Ocean Road before passing through the quaint seaside resort towns of Lorne and Wye River. Stop in the seaside township of Apollo Bay, where there will be time to grab a bite to eat. Passing through Great Otway National Park, keep your eyes on the trees and count how many koalas you can spot. Enjoy spending time with some of Australia’s native parrots, lorikeets, and kookaburras. Once out of the trees and back by the Southern Ocean, arrive at Port Campbell National Park, home to the iconic 12 Apostles. Enjoy free time to take in the views from every angle, walk along the boardwalks, and get the perfect pictures of the wild and rugged coastline. Afterward, move on to Loch Ard Gorge, shrouded by impressive limestone cliffs. Here, you can learn about Australia's most famous shipwreck, which tragically wrecked on jagged rocks in 1873. Finally, return to Melbourne via the road inland, traveling through quaint country towns along the way.
IncludesMandarin live commentary Multilingual audio tour commentaries (smartphone required) Chocolate and ice cream tastings at Great Ocean Road Chocolaterie & Ice Creamery Guided tour
- The exact departure time will be dependent on the train's schedule with the exact time provided 1 day prior to departure You can scan the QR code (click the link) to access multilingual tour commentaries for this tour，rather than Live Manderin Guiding