Great Ocean Road Day Tour from Melbourne
Tour the spectacular Great Ocean Road on an award-winning full-day trip from Melbourne. The small, personalized eco tours take in all the icons of the famous road trip, including the 12 Apostles. Enjoy free on board Wi-Fi as you travel.
Are you a business owner in Melbourne?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Melbourne.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Enjoy a small group tour along the Great Ocean Road, one of Australia's most famous road trips
- Get ready for guaranteed koala sightings at Kennett River
- Take an enchanting rainforest walk in the Great Otway National Park
- Visit the stirring sights of the Shipwreck Coast, including the 12 Apostles, Loch Ard Gorge, and Gibson Step
- Take an optional 15-minute helicopter ride over the Shipwreck Coast
DescriptionEnjoy morning views of Melbourne city and Port Phillip Bay as you cross the Westgate Bridge, Australia’s longest bridge, at just under 1.5 miles (2.6 kilometers). You are embarking on one of the world’s greatest drives to tour the Great Ocean Road! The scenic journey along the Great Ocean Road takes in some truly amazing coastal scenery, with new views being revealed around every bend. You will make plenty of scenic stops, including a photo opportunity at the Great Ocean Road Memorial Arch at Eastern View and a stop at Kennet River, home to a large population of cute and cuddly wild Koalas. A sighting is almost guaranteed as they munch away on Eucalyptus leaves. Then it is on to Apollo Bay for a chance to walk around the famous coastal town. Afterwards, follow the Great Ocean Road away from the water and into the mountains. Proceed through the spectacular Otway Ranges and stop to enjoy a stroll in the cool, temperate rainforest at Maits Rest. Continue to Port Campbell National Park, with its iconic array of rock formations. Be awestruck by the majestic monoliths of the 12 Apostles. A dinner stop is made on the journey back to Melbourne at the beautiful township of Colac, before enjoying a stunning view of the illuminated city as you cross Westgate Bridge on the way home.
IncludesFree Wi-Fi on board the tour bus Complimentary pickup and drop-off at select inner city hotels Small group tour Expert local guide Transportation by air-conditioned minivan Morning tea National Park admission fees GST (Goods and Services Tax) Translation app in 16 languages (links provided after the booking) Meals and snacks Drinks Gratuities (optional)
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible
- Vehicles hold a maximum of 24 passengers
- For those guests who do not want to take the optional helicopter ride over the Shipwreck Coast, an alternative stop is possible at Gibsons Steps. Here guests can descend the steps to Gibsons Beach below for beach level views of two of the Twelve Apostles
- Please note that the Maits Rest Rainforest Walk will be closed for 3 months from March to May 2019. During this time, all boardwalks will be renewed, to ensure the ongoing safety of the location. During this period, you will be visiting Melba Gully for an alternative rainforest experience.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Sports ToursMelbourne CBD -,
New for 2019 is City Sports Tours providing an insight into the venues and history of Sport in the Nations Sporting capitalFrom $18.00
Sea Life Melbourne AquariumMelbourne CBD -,
Home to thousands of aquatic animals, Melbourne Aquarium is an entertaining experience with amazing underwater worlds to discover, with animal feeds and diver presentatio...From $42.00
Go West Tours
Go West Tours provides Melbourne’s most entertaining, informative and memorable small group day tours and multi day tours.
Tesla Car Rental
Evee’s straightforward travel hire options make it simple to rent a Tesla for your next journey....... ...
Escape HuntMelbourne CBD -,
The Escape Hunt Experience is ranked as the top attraction on TripAdvisor in many countries and is perfectly situated right in the heart of Melbourne.From A$34
Eureka Skydeck 88Southbank, City Suburbs
"Nothing you have ever experienced will prepare you for the awe inspiring views from the Southern Hemisphere's highest viewing platform.From A$22
Yarra Valley: Wine, Cider, and Chocolates Day Tour
Enjoy a full-day tour exploring Victoria's scenic wine region. Sample wine, cheese, cider, chocolates, coffee, fruit, and more gourmet delights.13 ReviewsFrom A$139.00
Melbourne Moonlight Kayak Tour
Meeting just before sunset, this kayak tour explores a beautiful harbor and a unique on–water dining experience. Continue on to the Yarra River for stunning sunset view7 ReviewsFrom A$99.00
From Great Ocean Road Reverse Experience
Avoid the usual crowds of one of Australia's most scenic drives, and drive along the Great Ocean Road against the traffic flow. Marvel at landmark attractions like the 12133 ReviewsFrom A$135.00
Yarra River Sunset Pizza Cruise
Cruising and pizza go together like Beyonce and Jay Z. On board a cruise with maximum 9 pax capacity, seeing Melbourne’s scenic waterways at sunset along with a traditi3 ReviewsFrom A$98.00