My Guide Website?
Melbourne: Great Ocean Road & Rainforest Trip88 Reviews
Travel the Great Ocean Road, over 200 kilometers of spectacular coastline with jaw-dropping ocean views and ancient rainforests. Visit the iconic 12 apostles, explore beaches, and spot wild koalas.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Melbourne:If youʻre booking your trip to Melbourne last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Melbourne: Hidden Alleyways, Ghosts and Best Instagram Spots
- Melbourne: Puffing Billy & Healesville Sanctuary Scenic Tour
- From Melbourne: Half-Day Spa Trip to Peninsula Hot Springs
- Melbourne: 1-Hour Gardens and Sporting Precinct River Cruise
- Melbourne: Full-Day Yarra Valley Wine Experience with Lunch
- Discover the historic story of the Great Ocean Road Memorial Arch
- Enjoy a beach walk, stunning coastal views and seaside townships
- Take a guided walk through the heart of the Otway National Park and rain-forest
- See the iconic Twelve Apostles and hidden beach at Loch Ard Gorge
DescriptionLeave the city heading over the Westgate Bridge bright and early to maximize your time on the Great Ocean Road. After just over an hour’s drive, stop on a popular surf beach near the town of Anglesea for a rest break. Take a short drive before stopping at Memorial Arch, which commemorates the returned soldiers who worked on the construction of the 151–mile stretch of road following World War I. Continue along the Great Ocean Road taking in the spectacular ocean, beach and cliff views. Your guide will help you spot koalas among the eucalyptus trees, as you journey along this famous coastline. After stopping for lunch at Apollo Bay, the road and the ocean part ways for the next few hours as you head into the Otway Rainforest. (lunch is at the guest's own expense) Take a short 30-minute guided walk right into the heart of the rainforest. Feel dwarfed by some of the largest tree species in the world. Wind further through the forest and return to the ocean, making a stop at the mighty Shipwreck Coast. Here, spend a large portion of the day exploring the 12 Apostles, and Loch Ard Gorge, all a short drive from one another. Your guide will share the tales of disaster, destruction, and survival. After a long day, relax on the drive back to Melbourne and reflect on a great day spent on the Great Ocean Road.
IncludesGuided rainforest walk Expert driver-guide National Park fees Koala spotting in the wild
- Child seats can be provided free of charge upon request for infants aged 0-3 years
- Travelers will need to provide a contact number to assist during morning pickups.
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes prior to your departure time and location so you do not miss the bus.
- Customers are not required to print out booking vouchers prior to travel