My Guide Website?
Melbourne Sports Walk1 Reviews
Explore Melbourne's Sports Precinct on foot with a local guide who will uncover why Melbourne has been voted the Sports Capital of the Decade. Take a 3.5-hour walking tour which also includes a guided tour of the Melbourne Cricket Ground.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Melbourne:If youʻre booking your trip to Melbourne last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Melbourne: City and Bayside Helicopter Tour
- Melbourne: Full-Day Horses, Wine, and Beer Tour
- From Melbourne: Peninsula Hot Springs & Bathing Boxes Tour
- Melbourne: 1-Hour Gardens and Sporting Precinct River Cruise
- Geelong: Balloon Flight at Sunrise
- Walk along the path built to accommodate guests to the 2006 Commonwealth Games
- Take a guided tour of the Melbourne Cricket Ground
- See the home of the Australian Open Tennis Championships
- Visit the home ground of Collingwood FC
- Enjoy the sights along the Yarra River
DescriptionStart your tour by meeting your guide at the Melbourne Day Tour Centre. Walk along the path built to accommodate guests to the 2006 Commonwealth Games all the way to the Melbourne Cricket Ground. Once here, enjoy a guided tour of the iconic stadium, which has a capacity of just over 100,000 people. Afterwards, continue on foot to discover more of Melbourne's favourite sporting arenas. Visit AAMI Park, home to rugby teams Melbourne Storm and Melbourne Rebels, as well as the soccer clubs of Melbourne Victory and Melbourne City FC. Next make your way to the Olympic Park Oval, built on the site of former Olympic Park Stadium, built for the 1956 Summer Olympics. This venue is now home to Collingwood FC, one of the most popular AFL teams in Australia. Visit Melbourne Arena, Rod Laver Arena, and Margaret Court Arena, the home of the Australian Open Tennis Championships. Take in the sights and sports along the Yarra River on your way back to the starting point at Federation Square.
Includes3.5-hour walking tour Guided tour of the Melbourne Cricket Ground
- Please wear weather-appropriate, comfortable walking shoes and clothing
- This approximately 9km tour includes stairs and steep footbridges, therefore, a moderate level of fitness is required
- In the event of inclement weather, your tour may be postponed or cancelled, and you will be offered a full refund or an alternative date
- Please note: With the exception of the Melbourne Cricket Ground, this tour does not include entry into any of the venues mentioned
- A minimum of 4 guests in order for this tour to take place