Melbourne Car Rental
Here are some tips for renting a car in Melbourne:
- Book your car in advance, especially if you are traveling during peak season.
- Compare prices from different rental companies before booking. Cheap is not always best so check for hidden charges
- Make sure you understand the rental company's terms and conditions, ie. the age limit for drivers, the mileage allowance
- Be sure to inspect the car for any damage before you drive away.
- Notify the booking agent when you inspect the car and any marks or damage recorded on the paperwork.
- Return the car on time and in good condition.
- Is there extra charges for dropping off at a different point to the collection?
Here are some of the most popular car rental companies in Melbourne:
Here are just some of the most popular car rental locations in Melbourne:
- Melbourne Airport (MEL)
- Southern Cross Station
- CBD Downtown
- St Kilda
- Port Melbourne
Things to consider when choosing a car rental in Melbourne:
- The size of the car: Consider how many people will be in your party and how much luggage you will be bringing.
- The type of car: If you will be doing a lot of driving on the highway, you will need a car with good fuel economy. If you will be doing a lot of city driving, you will need a car that is easy to park.
- The insurance policy: Make sure you understand the rental company's insurance policy and that you are covered for any damage that may occur to the car.