My Guide Website?
From Lake Mountain Snow Experience
Escape Melbourne and spend the day at the city's closest ski resort. Make use of the ski runs and toboggan trails of Lake Mountain. Build a snowman or take a guided walk to the summit. End the day at a chocolate factory and enjoy some free samples.
- Get 3 hours of fun time in the snow of Lake Mountain
- Take a cross-country skiing lesson to experience the mountains from a different perspective
- Taste delicious chocolates at the Yarra Valley Chocolaterie & Ice Creamery
- Go on a guided hike to the top of Lake Mountain
DescriptionEscape the hustle and bustle of Melbourne with an early morning departure from the city. Make your way through the eastern suburbs towards the mountains of the Yarra Ranges National Park. Stop in the township of Healsville for a morning tea or breakfast, and stretch your legs as you breathe in the crisp fresh air. Then, wind your way through the Black Spur and pass through Marysville, before climbing to the top of Lake Mountain. Notice the change in scenery and benefit from spectacular views of the Cathedral Ranges as you get your first glimpse of the snow. Upon arrival at the top, put on your gloves and prepare for some fun! Benefit from 3 hours to hire a toboggan and hit the slopes, or build a snowman and throw snowballs at each other. Take a cross-country skiing lesson, or go on a guided hike through the snow gums to the summit of Lake Mountain. As your time on the mountain comes to an end, journey back down to take a short walk to the base of one of Victoria's highest waterfalls. Enjoy the splendid scenery at Steavenson Falls, and then round off the day at the Yarra Valley Chocolaterie & Ice Creamery. Enjoy free chocolate samples or one of their delicious hot chocolates, before returning to Melbourne where you will get dropped off in the inner city.
IncludesBeginner's snow experience
Mountain resort entry fees
Inner city pick-up and drop off
Gear and equipment hire
- Please note that luggage is restricted to basic carry-on bags only. Strollers and prams cannot be accommodated on the bus • Please bring something for your lunch, a water bottle, your camera, warm, waterproof clothes and windbreaker, comfortable walking shoes and money for the equipment rental