My Guide Website?
Bites & Sights Tour with Eureka Skydeck
Start at Melbourne’s highest viewpoint and weave your way through its streets. Sip a famous Melbourne flat white, discover the street art scene, sample multicultural food, and finish things off with a tram ride to Melbourne's most famous market.
- See Melbourne from its highest point, the Eureka Skydeck
- Try a flat white at a local café and become one with Melbourne’s coffee obsession
- Learn about Melbourne’s rich multicultural history with lunch featuring your guide’s favourite cuisine
- Wander Melbourne’s famous laneways and learn how the city’s street art movement developed
- Catch a tram down to the Queen Victoria Market
DescriptionIt's no secret that Australians share common values with their neighbors across the Pacific. And now, Melbournians are embracing that culture with an American food renaissance. Experience the rich cultural heritage taking hold in the city, learn about American and Aussie shared heritage, and whatever you do, bring your appetite. Get a farm-to-table lesson with a walk through the Queen Victoria Markets. Learn how the markets aren’t just for tourists; this is where many locals shop and restaurants stock their kitchens. Through a combination of walking and taking iconic Melbourne trams, explore classic American food and the history of the dishes and the venues. This carb-loaded tour includes bagels, burgers, sweet treats and a trip to a hipster neighborhood to sample Philly cheesesteaks. Visit a classic diner, serving up that most classic of American meals, the hamburger. Your guide will tell you the how the bagel came from Europe to America and on to Melbourne and you’ll sample some genuine New York-style bagels. The final stop in Fitzroy is known for its authentic Philly cheesesteaks and it’s range of craft beers. Hear how cheesesteaks were accidently invented while you are eating them, and perhaps indulge in a speciality beer (at your expense). There’s always at least four tastings along the way and you're guaranteed not to leave hungry. Fitzroy is where many of Melbourne's trends start - and one of the best places for street art, coffee, vintage fashion and all things hipster. Walk off your lunch checking out Smith and Brunswick streets after the tour.
IncludesLocal English-speaking guide
Entrance to Eureka Skydeck
1 coffee drink of your choice
1 hearty sample of international cuisine
Additional drinks or food
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour. For your Urban Adventure, you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.