My Guide Website?
Melbourne Sports Walking Tour, MCG & National Sports Museum
Discover the sporting capital of the world with this unique sports tour of Melbourne. Learn everything to do with Melbourne's famous sporting culture, go behind the scenes on an official tour of the MCG and visit the National Sports Museum.
- Go behind the scenes of the mighty Melbourne Cricket Ground ( MCG)
- Gain general admission to the National sports museum
- Uncover the stories of Melbourne's sporting legends
- Explore the history of sport in Melbourne and discover how it came to be known as the sports capital of the world
- Get a unique insight into famous events including the Australian Open, Olympic Games, Commonwealth Games, F1 Grand Prix, The Ashes and AFL Grand Final
DescriptionUncover every aspect of Melbourne's famous sporting culture, from the multitude of incredible venues through to the most famous events including the Olympic Games, Australian Open, AFL Grand Final and The Ashes. Take a trip back in time as you uncover the history behind Melbourne's sporting heritage, see how sport has developed in the city over the past 180 years and understand exactly why Melbourne has been named the official sports capital of the world 4 times in the past decade. Along the way you'll pass iconic sporting landmarks in the city, get an inside look into Melbourne's sports media and relive the incredible stories of Melbourne's biggest sporting legends. Discover the secret locations where today's sporting stars hang out so you never know who you might see! This tour includes the standard City Sports walking tour in addition to taking the official tour of the MCG (Melbourne Cricket Ground) along with unlimited access for the day to the National Sports Museum. Once you get to the MCG, one of their professional guides will begin to escort you around the stadium with the chance to see the famous Long Room, the Library (founded in 1873), the tapestry, player changing rooms, cricketers’ viewing room, Ron Casey Media Centre, portrait of Sir Donald Bradman and Sachin Tendulkar, Cricket Victoria Bill Lawry Centre, Ponsford Stand, City Terrace with views of Melbourne’s skyline Following a great tour enjoy a general entry ticket to the national sports museum where you can enter as many times as you want for that day.
IncludesEntrance fees to the MCG and National Sports Museum
Local and professional guide
Small group Tour
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Food and drinks
- All children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please note a moderate amount of walking is involved, approximately 3 to 5 kilometers
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or those using a wheelchair
- The tour operates in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately, the local operator will advise if the tour is to be cancelled due to extreme weather
- Please note in some cases you might not get to see all listed stops due to a room being used by an athlete or a press release