My Guide Website?
Melbourne Sports Walking Tour & MCG Tour
Explore Melbourne's world-famous sporting culture on a unique interactive walking tour combined with a tour of the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG). Discover Melbourne's sporting history, its stadiums and arenas, media coverage, sporting legends and more.
- Join a walking tour with an experienced local guide
- Go behind-the-scenes at the world famous Melbourne Cricket Ground
- See famous venues including the Rod Laver Arena, Olympic Park, and Melbourne Arena
- Get a unique insight into famous events including the Australian Open and The Ashes
- Discover how Melbourn came to be known as the sports capital of the world
DescriptionOn this walking sports tour of Melbourne you will uncover every aspect of the city's world-famous sporting culture. From stadiums, events, athletes, media, history and more, this tour covers it all, and includes behind-the-scenes access to the world famous Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG). Led by a local and experienced tour guide with a background in Melbourne's sporting industry, the tour is made interactive through the use of photos and videos to bring the stories to life. Regarded as one of Melbourne's most exciting walking tours, this is the perfect tour for any sports fan. On tour you will learn about Melbourne's incredible sporting stadiums and arenas, including the MCG, the Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne Arena, the Olympic Park, the AAMI Park, and the famed National Tennis Center. Along the way you will get exclusive insights into Melbourne's many global sporting events, including the Australian Open, The Ashes, Olympic Games and the AFL Grand Final. Your guide will take you back in time as you revisit 180 years of sporting history in Melbourne, and explain the development of Melbourne's sporting media. Hear incredible true stories of Melbourne's sporting legends, from athletes to coaches, and discover the events that changed the world of sport forever. On arrival at the MCG one of their experienced tour guides will give you a complete tour of this incredible stadium, including the players changing rooms, media centre, the famous Long Room, the city terrace with views of Melbourne's beautiful skyline, and you'll even get the chance to walk on the arena.
IncludesStadium tour entrance fees
Local and professional guide
Small group tour
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Optional gratuities • Food and drinks
- All children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please note a moderate amount of walking is involved, approximately 3 to 5 km • Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or those using a wheelchair • The tour operates in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately, the local operator will advise if the tour is to be cancelled due to extreme weather