My Guide Website?
From Melbourne: Grampians National Park Group Tour270 Reviews
Experience the beauty of the Grampians National Park on a full-day tour from Melbourne. Discover a nature lover's paradise of amazing views, gorges, waterfalls and native wildlife including kangaroos.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Melbourne:If youʻre booking your trip to Melbourne last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore the spectacular beauty of the Grampians National Park
- Hike from Wonderland Turntable to the Grand Canyon
- Walk down to beautiful MacKenzie Falls
- Keep a look out for native kangaroos and abundant birdlife
- Enjoy panoramic views from Reeds Lookout
DescriptionEscape the hustle and bustle of Melbourne on a small group eco-tour to the Grampians National Park, and discover a nature lover’s paradise. Depart Melbourne and travel through the western plains of Victoria on route to historic Ballarat, a boom town of the 1850s following the widespread discovery of gold. Learn the history of the region over morning tea at the infamous Eureka Rebellion site. Continue through the picturesque western volcanic plains, and pass through the town of Moyston, the birthplace of Australian Rules Football. Arrive at the foot of the Grampians Range (Gariwerd in the local aboriginal language), and take a short walk to Silverband Falls. Then, head to Halls Gap for a lunch break (own expense). Keep a look out for kangaroos and abundant birdlife that can be seen in the main street. After lunch, go to the Wonderland car park to take a walk through the Grand Canyon and marvel at the rock formations. See high rising rock walls, crisscrossed with layering and fault lines that showcase the area’s unique geology. Next, visit the majestic surrounds of MacKenzie Falls, and watch the water cascade down the rocks in a gorge surrounded by eucalyptus forest. Walk the Bluff trail along the top of the cliffs for panoramic views of the falls, or journey downstairs to the base of the steep gorge. Another stunning photo opportunity awaits at Reeds Lookout, a vantage point that overlooks the towering Stringybark Forest and Victoria Valley. Your next port of call is Boroka Lookout, where panoramic views of the surrounding region and town of Halls Gap await. Look further afield to Lake Bellfield and beyond. Make your way back to Halls Gap to spot some wild kangaroos before returning to Melbourne. Stop for dinner on route back to the city, and enjoy a stunning view of the illuminated city on your return home.
IncludesPickup and drop-off from selected hotels Live guide Transportation Morning tea Entry ticket to National Park
- Your pickup time may differ from the stated time on your voucher. The activity provider will contact you via email shortly after booking with your actual pickup time
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible. This tour is not recommended for guests with mobility challenges
- Sites visited may be subject to change due to weather concerns All our tours are conducted in English however, you can access pre-recorded written & verbal tour information in 16 different languages by downloading the free Go West Tours App from the App Store or Google Play. You can download the app prior to departure or by using our complimentary free onboard Wi-Fi. Please bring your own headphones.