My Guide Website?
Melbourne Sports Walking Tour & National Sports Museum Entry
Explore Melbourne's world famous sporting culture on this unique interactive walking tour combined with unlimited day access to the National Sports Museum. The tour features Melbourne's incredible sporting history, stadiums, athletes, events and more!
- Gain unlimited day access to the National Sports Museum - the largest of its kind
- See famous venues including the MCG, Rod Laver Arena, Olympic Park, AAMI Park and Melbourne Arena
- Get a unique insight into famous events including the Australian Open, Olympic Games, Commonwealth Games, F1 Grand Prix, The Ashes and AFL Grand Final
- Uncover the incredible true stories of Melbourne's sporting legends
- Explore the history of sport in Melbourne and discover how it came to be known as the sports capital of the world
- Experience an interactive tour with photos and videos to bring the stories to life
DescriptionRecently named the official sports capital of the world for the 4th time in the last 10 years, uncover every aspect of Melbourne's world famous sporting culture on the only interactive sports walking tour in Melbourne! From stadiums, events, athletes, media, history and more – this tour covers the lot and also includes unlimited access for the day to the National Sports Museum - the largest of its kind. On this tour you'll learn all about Melbourne's incredible sporting stadiums and arenas including the MCG, Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne Arena, Olympic Park & AAMI Park as well as the famed National Tennis Centre – home to Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal every January. Along the way you'll also get exclusive insights into Melbourne's many global sporting events including the Australian Open, The Ashes, Olympic Games and the AFL Grand Final and discover exactly how they work behind-the-scenes and the secrets which make them such a global success. Your guide will also take you back in time as you revisit 180 years of sporting history in Melbourne from the early settlers to the present day along with the development of Melbourne's sporting media and the key role it plays in Melbourne's sporting landscape today. Along the way you'll hear the incredible true stories of Melbourne's sporting legends from athletes to coaches and more. From inspirational stories of bravery, courage and sportsmanship to Melbourne's darkest sporting days you'll discover the key events that changed the world of sport forever. On arrival at the MCG you'll also get unlimited access for the day to the National Sports Museum (the largest of its kind!) featuring Australia's largest collection of sports memorabilia, holograms and interactive zones and activities suitable for all ages where you can test your skills against the best. Led by a local and experienced tour guide with a background in Melbourne's sporting industry, the tour is made interactive through the use of photos and/or videos to bring the stories to life.
Includes• National Sports Museum entrance fees • Local and professional guide • Walking tour • Small-group tour
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Food and drinks
- All children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please note a moderate amount of walking is involved, the walk is approx. 3 to 5 kms
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or those using a wheelchair
- The tour operates in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately, the local operator will advise if the tour is to be cancelled due to extreme weather